Tiles and Rustic Decor
Rustic Kitchen Renovations Sydney
Tiles are suitable for many different decors. In some cases just the addition of peel and stick tiles with some curtains is enough to define the look of a room. Tiles and rustic décor are one of many good options.
Kitchen Wall Tiles
Rustic decor has an old school appeal, which is very relaxing. It is based on the appeal of natural products that have been allowed to age naturally. This mean bare woodgrain or timber with distressed paint; bare metal fittings, bare brickwork warmer colours for curtains and tablecloths, and tiles with earthy colour.
There are several different type of tiles that would suit the rustic look.
• Earthy coloured tiles in brown, tan or warmer grey. Stick to natural patterns.
• Tiles that look like brickwork.
• Tiles that look like stonework.
• Plain white or off white tiles, no pattern.
• Portuguese blue and white tiles, rather like Chinese porcelain.
• Moroccan tiles with geometric patterns.
• Occasionally a pascal colour like light blue or lime.
While rustic has a slightly rough, worn look the decor still has a sense of coherence. So the tiles and rustic decor colour should work well with the colour and design of the curtains and the tone of the woodwork.
Kitchen Tiles Sydney
It’s easy to order cheap tiles online. Unlike most building materials a package of stick on tiles can be sent in the post, or delivered easily. Furthermore, the website show exactly what the tiles will look like. You won’t have to worry about different grout colours, cleaning, polishing or anything else that affects the final outcome.
Stick on tiles will be one of the easiest parts of any renovations.