1. What is the size of each sheet? How do you measure it?
There are between 5 and 10 sheets in a packet, depending on the tile design. The size of each sheet is: Height: 24 to 25cm. Width: 24 to 25cm.
When two or more sheets are applied, the overlapping area is reduced by 2 or 3 cm. There are no edge pieces. You need to cut a sheet to make a straight edge. It usually needs 20 sheets to cover 1sqm.
2. Can I put it on existing tiles? What surface can be applied?
If your tiles have smooth surfaces, you can apply Tic Tac Tiles over existing tiles, including the grout lines.
* A partial list of ideal surfaces for Tic Tac Tile includes: smooth ceramic tiled splashback, smooth glass tiles splashback, wall panel (acrylic), wall linoleum, mirror, wallpaper.
* Partial list of dusty and porous surfaces that are NOT recommend for tiles: stucco wall, stone wall, unfinished wall (gypsum or plaster), unpainted plywood.
3. Are they suitable for use behind the cooktop in a kitchen?
Generally Yes. Tic Tac Tiles are humidity & heat resistant. They will not be damaged by hot oil. So they are suitable for use in kitchen or bathroom splashbacks.
One precaution – To install Tic Tac Tiles behind a Gas Cooktop without a protective rear panel, leave an area of 20 cm between the tiles and any open flame.
4. Are these bendable? Can I cut tiles easily?
Yea, Tic Tac tiles are bendable. The tile is 3D and the thickness of the tile is about 2mm. It can be installed on the curve of the wall or on the edge of the wall. You can easily cut Tic Tac Tiles with a box cutter or a pair of scissors.
5. What material is the tile made of?
Tiles are made from moulded plastic as a kind of epoxy. Tiles are 3-D gel effect, self-adhesive wall tiles. Tic Tac Tiles are humidity & heat resistant.
Tic Tac Tiles are quite suitable for use in kitchen or bathroom splashbacks. They look the same as a real ceramic tile.
6. Can I use it in the shower? Is it waterproof?
We do not recommend using our tiles in the shower.
The surface of our tiles is waterproof, but overlapping parts can be weakened in places like showers where they will be constantly exposed to water.
Please make sure that your walls are completely dry, and carefully overlap edges when you install the tiles.
After that, there should be no issues with the moisture.
7. Is it suitable for painted plywood?
If the plywood has smooth surfaces then Tic Tac Tiles will adhere quite well. For optimal adhesiveness we recommend gently scrubing the plywood surface with soft sand-paper before application.
8. How do I clean Tic Tac tiles?
For cleaning, simply use a sponge to restore the shine of Tic Tac Tiles.
Use a mild non-abrasive household cleaning product such as dish soap, a cream cleanser or a glass cleaner.
9. Do you have a retail shop? I would like to see a sample.
Unfortunately, we currently do not have a retail shop.
If you want a sample, you can order a sample size of 1 single sheet.
10. Is it possible to pick up? Can you send it by express?
Pick up is not possible. We will ship it as soon as possible.
You can choose express post when you place your order. It usually between 1 and 2 business days.
11. Is there a phone number?
We currently do not contact customers via phone.
If you have any questions, please E-mail or send a message on the web page.
12. How do I remove Tic Tac Tiles?
In order to remove the tiles, you need to apply concentrated heat (use a hair dryer or heat shrink gun) and then use some force to pull the tiles off. (Cooktop heat won’t cause the tiles peeling off)
If you stick it on ceramic tiles, it will leave no residue, but if you put it on painted wall, you may lose some spots on the painted wall.
13. Can it be used for caravan or camper?
Yes. It is very much lighter than ceramic tiles. It is perfect for your caravan.
Just check the smooth wall surface and the temperature inside the camper. During installation the ambient temperature must be at least 18 °C and should not exceed 35 °C (not too hot and not too cold).
14. What is the return policy?
If you have unused tiles you can return them in 2 weeks.
If you need to return an item, please email us with your order details or send us a message on the webpage.
The buyer is responsible for return postage costs.